Itchy Head?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Phams413

New
Reaction score
Hello there,

Ive been taking 300mg of Carbatrol/Carbamazepine the last few months while lowering my dosage of keppra. I started to notice in January my scalp had been getting itchier and itchier, also my lymph nodes have been swelling around the back of my neck and sometimes the area feels just as itchy as my head. I first assumed the scalp itchiness was caused by winter dryness but I've been using dry scalp shampoos and washing my hair in freezing water and although it does help for a bit my scalp just gets as itchy a few hours later. I've never had a scalp this itchy in winter before(I even thought I had lice at one point) and I thought I may have read somewhere carbamazepine can cause an itchy scalp. If anyone else has had this issue with carbamazepine before please let me know!

Thanks!

Me too. I thought I had headlice but couldn't figure out why.

Yep I get itchy scalp intact itchiness all over have too take anti histamines gets that bad but doc won't prescribe as your not spider too take them dunno where you are but in UK there's products called t gel shampoo and oilatum shampoo both Brill for it

My head itches all the time.. The weird thing for me is my incisions itch when the weather changes! Go figure

the itching gets so intense that i almost spark a fire. it makes me get the herky jerkies also. one side of my head is so bad (becuase I cant feel anything over there) that i've actually drawn blood.

dr had my on lyrica once, said it was for itching, but i couldnt afford to keep taking it.

Yep I get itchy scalp intact itchiness all over have too take anti histamines gets that bad but doc won't prescribe as your not spider too take them dunno where you are but in UK there's products called t gel shampoo and oilatum shampoo both Brill for it
I'm not in the UK, I'm actually from the US but thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom