Jme

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pattid12

New
Reaction score
Hi, was wondering if anyone on here has or knows if a teen can outgrow Juvinile Myclonic Epilepsy. It's going to be 2 years in Feb since his symptoms began. Thanks

JME can be controlled, and it's one of the seizure types that is more likely to be able to be controlled than some of the other types. He could definitely come to a point of complete seizure control. But from what I have read, JME is usually treated with medication for life. Others on here may know lots more about this than I. I have generalized idiopathic epilepsy (as well as focal onset epilepsy), closely related to JME, but not JME itself. I know I will be on meds for life but then I've had E since I was 12 and I'm now 50. I did have over 30 years of complete seizure control--it was basically like not having E at all--all I had to do was take a pill twice a day and otherwise lead a fully normal life. I'm not like that now but I had a head injury 2 years ago and that stirred things up. Don't lose faith that he can basically lead a normal life, and barring that, learn to adjust and make accommodations for his condition.

Back
Top Bottom