Just Curious??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
How many people here are on SSDI of SSI for Epilepsy?? or Epilepsy combined with other issues? If so, was it difficult to get?

I'm on SSDI for my epilepsy. For me it wasn't necessarily difficult but it was definitely a process and took about 18mos-2yrs. You will almost always get denied the first time. Then you get a GOOD LAWYER who specializes in SSDI to file your appeal and the waiting game begins. It helps if your doctors support your claim and make sure you have copies of ALL of your medical files. I can't emphasize GOOD SUPPORTIVE LAWYER enough though, my lawyer was key to my approval.

I should also add that I was very pigheaded about going on SSDI. I had to be talked into it by my psychologist...I thought it was charity and that i would be taking from someone who really needed it.

Last edited:
thank you for taking the time to answer me. I have MS and severe migraines and now probably seizures.

I started the SSDI process with the migraines and MS....but SS does not know about the seizures yet, I just didn't know if the seizure diagnosis would help my claim.

I have been denied twice.

I worked for 25+ years at the same professional career.

Daisygirl,

Zoofemme is right. Get a good lawyer. It's important. They take their fee out of the big check for back payments. I think the fee is capped by law at $5000.

Back
Top Bottom