[Recommended] Kid's book "Let's Learn with Teddy about Epilepsy"

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Teddy is a little boy who has absence seizures. This story follows his journey through episodes, testing, and diagnosis.

The illustrations were very cute, nice and cartoony, perfect for a child. The wording is also perfect. Easy to understand, without a lot of medical terminology. It talks about what the testing is like, honest about the noise level in an MRI, but reassuring about how painless it is.

It goes on to reassure how life doesn't all stop after diagnosis. And subtly sneaks in that there are different types of seizures, and that there are other people who have them.

Though, as a family, we couldn't relate to the absence seizure aspect, it didn't really matter. My daughter got a kick out of seeing the different tests that she also had.

I personally got a kick out of seeing CWE listed in the back under Websites with information.

Last edited:
Nice to see some more book reviews. Thanks so much.

Link to book on Amazon:

Amazon product

I personally got a kick out of seeing CWE listed in the back under Websites with information.

Oh cool! :woot:

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Coping With Epilepsy Forums may be compensated.
Back
Top Bottom