Lack of emotions sometimes good

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

gnault

New
Reaction score
:e:

Because of my meds or where the lesions are in my right temporal lobe I have always struggled with emotion regulation. Usually the complaint is the lack of any useful emotions. Yesterday that was likely a good thing as my son had his first mishap with one of our cars. He slid the car into a shallow ditch after hit loose gravel. My non-existent emotions came in handy as an emotional response likely would not have helped. I even checked my heart rate monitor and it was down in the low 60's high 50's.

Nobody hurt and no damage to the car. I remember a time when I would have not quite exploded but would have had a more emotional response then "hey look the car is in the ditch".

:bigsmile:

I hope that you don't need to call on your emotion-regulation superpower too often. :)

Hi gnault,

I'm glad that your son and the car are okay. If it were me I would have probably lost my temper. I get very emotional at times do to the damage on the right temporal lobe but it's gotten much better over the yrs. Wishing you and your family only the best and May God Bless All of You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom