Lacosamide?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

SteveUK

New
Reaction score
My Neurologist is starting me on a AED known as Lacosamide :ponder:.

Does anyone have any experience of using this AED? It's fairly new in the UK so just wondering if I'm in for a shock or a treat?

Other medications I've tried before include: Epilim, Frisium, Carbamazepine and Lamictal. I'm currently on Keppra and I'm weaning off Oxcarbazepine.

Any views / ideas / suggestions / criticisms / thoughts welcome :pop:

Steve

I think there are a few people in here on Vimpat. I'm not one of them. But one of the Vimpat people will probably weigh in soon.

But I just wanted to say... Welcome to CWE. I'm glad you found us here. :)

I have been on Vimpat since May of last year.I went a whole year with out a grand mal seizure. I had one this month because of side effects of edometrial ablation surgery. But I am back on track now. I do have some really weird dreams but I always have. My head is much clearer. No remarks please. lol Have you been on the sight for Vimpat? Go to Vimpat. com. I have other kinds of seizures. But it to me it is truely progress.Teresa

@ Endless, thanks for the welcome. Glad to know that others are on Vimpat.

@ Nakamova, thanks for the information. I will check this out shortly.

@ stilldancing_98, really useful personal insight into Vimpat. I think it's quite new in the UK - so always nice to have an individual take on what people experience. Interesting to hear about vivid dreams, I get them already, however, not to sure if I had them before taking any medication(s).

Thanks everyone you're all amazing!

Steve

Back
Top Bottom