Lacosamide?

SteveUK

New
Reaction score
My Neurologist is starting me on a AED known as Lacosamide :ponder:.

Does anyone have any experience of using this AED? It's fairly new in the UK so just wondering if I'm in for a shock or a treat?

Other medications I've tried before include: Epilim, Frisium, Carbamazepine and Lamictal. I'm currently on Keppra and I'm weaning off Oxcarbazepine.

Any views / ideas / suggestions / criticisms / thoughts welcome :pop:

Steve

Endless

Even Keel
Reaction score
I think there are a few people in here on Vimpat. I'm not one of them. But one of the Vimpat people will probably weigh in soon.

But I just wanted to say... Welcome to CWE. I'm glad you found us here. :)

Reaction score
I have been on Vimpat since May of last year.I went a whole year with out a grand mal seizure. I had one this month because of side effects of edometrial ablation surgery. But I am back on track now. I do have some really weird dreams but I always have. My head is much clearer. No remarks please. lol Have you been on the sight for Vimpat? Go to Vimpat. com. I have other kinds of seizures. But it to me it is truely progress.Teresa

SteveUK

New
Reaction score
@ Endless, thanks for the welcome. Glad to know that others are on Vimpat.

@ Nakamova, thanks for the information. I will check this out shortly.

@ stilldancing_98, really useful personal insight into Vimpat. I think it's quite new in the UK - so always nice to have an individual take on what people experience. Interesting to hear about vivid dreams, I get them already, however, not to sure if I had them before taking any medication(s).

Thanks everyone you're all amazing!

Steve