Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ricky44

New
Reaction score
I have had epilepsy since I was 15....52 years ago. I am trying the LENS machine now and wonder if anyone else in the forum has tried it. I have had 50 treatments and while the treatments relax me for awhile, I don't know what to expect in long term effects. I'm also under the care of an orthomolecular MD.Thanks

Welcome ricky44

There's a lot of people here who have had seizures for a long time like yourself, me included.

What can you tell us about the LENS machine? I've never heard about it before and all I could find on it referred to seeing glasses.

Do watch out as orthomolecular theory is based on the theories of Linus Pauling who despite being awarded a Nobel Prize for something different, was never able to prove those theories.

Meanwhile, get comfy & check out the other "rooms" on the site. You might be interested in other alternatives that may help epilepsy
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/index.php?p=alternative-treatments

Last edited:
hello

welcome:

your post caught my eye, as you are a veteran with E. like me - over 40 years now. That is the first I have heard of the LENS. Worth checking out for sure. Orthomolecular MD - have not heard of those guys either!
Thanks for the input. :bigsmile:

Hi Ricky -
My daughter did neurofeedback at the EEG Institute.
I read about the LENS when I was doing research prior to my daughters treatment.

Rebecca has been seizure free for 10 + months, and med free for about 3.5 years.
She did neurofeedback for about a year, beginning at the clinic and then at home.

Some people will say she has just "grown out of her seizures" -
I know otherwise. It has been a combination of the nutritional changes, the vitamin and mineral supplements, and neurofeedback, that have improved her overall health, and thus raised her seizure threshold.

Good luck with this... please keep us updated.

http://homecoming4vets.org

Back
Top Bottom