[LGIT, MA, GARD] Ginger squash-mushroom wraps

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
This recipe was originally published in Fit for Life or one of Marylin Diamonds' cookbooks I think. I honestly don't remember which book I got it from decades ago. It's good though.

These are best served with guacamole (I put the guacamole inside the wrap).

Ingredients
  • sprouted grain tortillas (taco/small size)*
  • 8 oz carton button mushrooms (cleaned and sliced medium-thin)
  • 1 to 2 inch piece of fresh Ginger root (peeled and grated)
  • 1/2 large or 1 medium chopped onion (I prefer 1015s or yellow onions)
  • 1-2 cloves garlic (use more if you are a fan of the stinking rose)
  • extra virgin olive oil (or safflower/canola)
  • 2 medium sized zuchinnis (sliced thinly)
  • 3 medium sized crookneck yellow squash (sliced thinly)
Preparation
  1. Coat very large frying pan or wok with oil and add chopped garlic, ginger, onion, mushrooms and squashes with medium-high heat
  2. Stir fry until the onion, mushrooms and squash reduce (onions should be translucent)
  3. You can add a pinch of water while stir-frying to steam the squashes, but don't add too much or the mixture will be too wet for the wraps
  4. Roll mixture inside tortillas and serve with guacamole

This dish might be appropriate for the ketogenic diet, but I'm not sure.

* To make this recipe fit the GARD diet, try Food for Life's Wheat & Gluten Free Whole Grain Brown Rice Tortillas (see Gluten free link from the site linked above). I don't think the sprouted wheat tortillas are gluten free (though they certainly contain less gluten than non-sprouted wheat flour based tortillas).

This sounds like it would be good wrapped inside of a lettuce leaf too. Similar to the Thai / Chinese lettuce wraps. YUM
I think if I chopped it all up really fine do you think it would get past some unsuspecting eyes?

I suppose you would need to add water chestnuts if you were going the lettuce wrap route (to give it more crunch). I never tried it like that, though it sounds good. :)

OOOOOooooooooo......

Man....I shouldn't have read this right before supper!....now where'd I put that peanut butter foldover sandwich?

Back
Top Bottom