[LGIT, MA, KD] - Sauteed greens (collard, chards, mustard, etc.)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
I love greens - collard greens, swiss chard and to a lesser extent - mustard greens. Especially with mashed potatoes and some almond crusted schnitzels.

Ingredients
  • 1-2 bunches of greens (either collard greens, swiss chard or mustard greens)
  • 4-5 cloves garlic (use less if you are not a fan of the stinking rose)
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • Braggs liquid aminos
  • water
Preparation
  1. Wash greens and chop by rolling several leaves at a time into a "burrito" and slicing it into strips.
  2. Coat very large sauce pan with olive oil and add chopped garlic with medium heat
  3. when garlic starts to fry, add greens, stir until they are coated with oil (add a dash more oil if necessary) and cover pan
  4. Let fry for a minute or two and stir/toss
  5. repeat stirring/tossing and covering until greens start reducing (looks wilted). add a dash of water if the greens look like they are sticking to the pan or are not reducing fast enough. The greens should be steaming in the pan while it is covered.
  6. Add Braggs liquid aminos to taste for a saltier dish when 70% or so of the greens are reduced

This dish might be appropriate for the GARD diet, but I'm not sure if the Braggs liquid aminos is allowed. The greens could be prepared without the Braggs (just use some table salt to taste instead) and then it would be compatible with the GARD diet for sure.

I almost bought some Braggs liquid aminos, but wasnt sure if its ok to eat when you have seizures.. ???

love angel

Back
Top Bottom