Lightening strike on Sunday ..

CathyAnn31

Big Smile
Reaction score
I was sitting by my window when a flash of light with immediate thunder scared me half to death! I knew it had to be close by so when it stopped raining after a few minutes I had to go investigate. A tree across the street got struck by lightening- a downed branch, little acorn thingies all over the ground..this is only 300 feet from my house! So grateful it didn't strike us. The tree is no longer, they tore it down today.

FYI- the branch on the ground was the top of the tree. Crazy stuff!

For some reason the thumbnail is sideways but if you click the image it'll be right side up..well, for me anyway..

Attachments

Last edited:

CQ:)

Veteran
Reaction score
Wow, that’s crazy
Glad it didn’t hit your house and no one was hurt

HumbleDeer

Reaction score
poor tree
poor you

I hope you're all okay now, after a bit of a shock.

Nakamova

Super Moderator / Thank You Queen
Reaction score
Yikes! We've been having crazy thunderstorms here too, with a few of those heart-attack thunderclaps. No downed trees though.

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi CathyAnn,

I'm glad to see you are okay. You sure brought back a lot of memories to me. When I was a kid I lived in the woods
and lightening hit a tree and the tree came down and just missed hitting the roof right over my bedroom by 1/4 of an inch.
Take my word I sure jumped that night and saw some sparks fly. Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue