Looking for Apple Salsa Recipe

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tinasmom

New
Reaction score
I am looking for a Apple salsa recipe to enter in our local Chilimania contest. Last year I made a cherry salsa and won first place. This was the first year we entered the contest. We promote our local Epilepsy affiliate and we donate all winnings to them. They even judge on booth themes. This year, we are going with a pirate theme.

Does it have a bite? Can you post a recipe? I'm open to any fruit salsa's that are different.

It does have a bite..yet sweet too. A nice combination. I wish I had the recipe, but It was at a party. I bet you could find it on food network or one of those sites. The peach flavor in it was great if you like peaches! I will look around and see if I can find one for ya!

Michelle : )

Maybe this will give you some ideas... mango salsa

mango-salsa.jpg

Can you just use the same recipe as last year, but just substitute apples for the cherries? Maybe play with the spices a bit?

My cherry salsa recipe used cherry preserves in it and I don't think it would really taste that great. Maybe I will try a batch and see how it would taste, thanks for the idea. Bernard- the mango salsa looks so yummy. When there are fruit salsa's there, they are always mango and believe it or not, I like to be different.

Ayrrre, mate! Guess you could get out that pirate hat and serve this one!

I found this one in Weightwatchers.com:

Apple Berry Salsa with Cinnamon Chips

CINNAMON CHIPS
4 (7") flour tortillas
1 T. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

SALSA
2 medium Granny Smith apples (use any kind)
1 C. strawberries, sliced
1 kiwi,peeled and chopped
1 small orange
2 T. packed brown sugar
2 T. apple jelly (have used strawberry)

Preheat oven to 400*. For chips, lightly spray tortillas with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tortillas. Using pizza cutter, cut each tortilla into 8 wedges; place in single layer on 15" round baking stone. Bake 8-10 min or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to cooling rack and cool completely.

For salsa, peel, core and slice apples. Cut apples into quarters; chop with food chopper. Slice strawberries and coarsely chop. Chope kiwi with food chopper. Place fruit in 1-Qt. bowl. Zest orange. Juice orange with juicer. Add orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar, and jelly to fruit mixture; mix gently using scraper. Serve with cinnamon chips.

Yield: 16 servings (2 C. salsa, 32 chips)

Approx. NI: 70 cals/1 fat/? fiber
(2 T. salsa and 2 chips)

*I buy the cinnamon chips sometimes.

Thank you for the recipe. I'm going to try it. I've found a few that I am going to try. One year we were pirate skeletons for halloween so we already have costumes. My husband has a prosthetic leg and his prosthesis guy made him a peg leg out of one of his old ones. This event is in September and I will take pics and make sure everyone can see this fun event.

Back
Top Bottom