Lyrica - y'alls experiences?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My neurologist and psychiatrist talked and decided to add 50 mg of lyrica twice a day to my medications. Its only the second AED I am taking.

They suggested it because I have had horrible trouble sleeping for the past several months and that is a seizure trigger. I tried ambien, lunesta, tramazopam....none worked that well and the side effects were horrible.

So they suggested lyrica - it helps with onset partial seizures and coincedentally it helps anxiety and sleeplessness.

So far (three days not) it seems to be helping. It makes me a tad bit sleepy in the mornings, but not unbearable. And then at night I take it and have no porblem sleeping all night long.

Has anyone had any experience with lyrica? What are y'alls thoughts?
:?:

Sorry no one has responded Emily.
Perhaps no one to this point has any experience with it.
We can't get past the side effects of one med let alone add another. Hope it helps

Back
Top Bottom