Lyrica

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Mom2tripp

New
Reaction score
Has anyone tired this for seizures?
Tripp started it yesterday. It was added to his depakote.

lyrica

Hope that you can or have time this med for me took some time to get so that I got off of the Mysoline and then on to the lyrica 08-06 to 06-08 so it took awhile I did experience some sensations in my face tingles swollen lips w/hot feeling seems to be better for the most part One thing that I have found and will pass along is that this is a medication that likes very much too be taken at the same time every day and the closer that you can get to a 12 period the better you may find a 14/10split works better depends on your body or in this case your sons for me I take it after the 10 PM news and at about 10 in the morning I am a night owl and i get up about 8-10 am but still take my Meds at the same time I also find that I makes no difference if take on a empty stomach. Not like depakote or cane take those with food or it a tear up your stomach

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.
He goes to bed around 9 or so....I did not know about giving it at the same time each day....so I will start that.
The neuro started him at 75 mg twice daily. She said she will up it slowly. I don;t know what that means...IF monthly or weekly?? don't know....
So far I have not seen any side effects from it.

Rampin

From my experience this is how I started the med. Your DR. might have other plans this is only what I did and it seems to be working for the time being. Started out taking small amount and increased the Meds until I reached 600mg while still taking the other Meds sort of doubling up if you will. 50mg every two weeks this took six months be patient Then after reaching target amount started reducing the Mysoline 1000mg down to 00mg this took a long time and often I felt as if I could of rushed the process but I didn't to the wishes of my wife. With lyrica there is not enough data out their to risk going to the baseline level right off the bat If this stops working for me I don't know If I can come off of it Cold turkey someone out there with experience fill us in are there side effect from coming off to fast. hope that this gives you a little insight hope that others share how they got on or came off sure would help out
JERRY

Jerry, from what I have read Lyrica is not to be used alone. Tripp will still be taking his Depakote 2000 mg daily....that being 750mg morning and night and 500 in the afternoo. She said we will take away the last of the tegretol in about a week or two. I will call her next week to let her know how he is doing.

Tripp has very odd CPS that sometimes go into a grand mal seizures. His CPS are mostly when falling asleep...which he does a lot and at night,also
He turns his head to the left...makes a snoring sound and will seem to wake up...he does this at night and nap at least 6 times. I hope and pray this one meds work. We have tried almost all of them!

Thanks again for your reply.

Other Meds

Hi Betty Yes I am taking other med as well for those of us that are E most of us are taking another med as well people that have neuropathaty sometimes are taking this a s their primary medication It is a strange drug it can relive the pain and discomfort of the partial neuropath but for some of us with E it can leave us with tingling sensations that travel over the surface of our bodies not picking anyplace specific for it to irritate the hell out of you moves throughout your body like a wave starts in one place not always the same and moves over the surface of my skin and is like pins and neddles but I must say thatt itis geting better over time.so maybe it has to do with a drug interaction we will see.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry...I will be watching Tripp to see if he "itches"
He is mentally disable and unable to express himself. When he was on Topomax he said he itches. LOL...I would see him with his shoes and socks off rubbing his feet. I'd say "what wrong"...he'd replay "itches"

Thought he has limited vocabulary he sure fines a way to tell us what's wrong. LOL

I have a good friend taking 500mg daily for her shoulder and neck pain. She said it really has helped her.

I hope it works as well on you's and Tripp's seizures!!!

Back
Top Bottom