macaroni and cheese

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

marjolein

New
Reaction score
Hallo everyone. I can not write good English but i can understand it verry good. I come from Holland and we allways watch the Oprah show. She often talks about Macaroni and cheese. My question is does someone has the recepie. I would like to make it.

Good buy and thanks

Marjolein

Hi Marjolein! Welcome to CWE. :) Everybody has their own recipes for Macaroni and cheese. Most people just go to the store and buy the packaged sort...but here's a recipe for you. :)

Mac and Cheese

8 cups water
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups macaroni
2 1/2 cups grated American cheese, divided
1/4 cup butter

In a large saucepan, bring the water and salt to a boil. Add the oil and macaroni. Stir occasionally. Cook until noodles are tender. Drain. Add 2 cups of the grated cheese and butter. Pour the mix into a 13 X9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.

Thank you thank you but.... What is Amarican cheese. I live in Holland. Do you know some names. I know an English cheese Chedder, is that the cheese you mean??

Marjolein

When we could eat macaroni and cheese we used a product that was half chedder and half jack. It was called Cojack cheese.

Now being gluten free and casein free we haven't found a way to make a decent mac and cheese. Some things just can't be duplicated.

This was my recipe:
2 Tbl butter
2 Tbl flour
1 Cup milk
to avoid lumping make a roux with the butter an flour first
1 Cup mild cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
melt cheese and add to cooked pasta (elbow macaroni is used most often but certainly any small pasta can be used)
1 can tuna stirred into pasta
sprinkle top with bread crumbs and put into oven for about 30 min.

comfort food at the time.... yet now I see it differently

when we could eat macaroni and cheese we used a product that was half chedder and half jack. It was called cojack cheese.

Now being gluten free and casein free we haven't found a way to make a decent mac and cheese. Some things just can't be duplicated.

This was my recipe:
2 tbl butter
2 tbl flour
1 cup milk
to avoid lumping make a roux with the butter an flour first
1 cup mild cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
melt cheese and add to cooked pasta (elbow macaroni is used most often but certainly any small pasta can be used)
1 can tuna stirred into pasta
sprinkle top with bread crumbs and put into oven for about 30 min.

Comfort food at the time.... Yet now i see it differently

TUNA?! IN MAC & CHEESE?! Yackkkkkkkkkkk!!!!

heya.

my recipe is parmesan cheese grated (as much as u want)
2 capfulls of balsamic vinegar (no more -- 1 nd a half might do the trick)
drizzle this in extra virgin olive oil (not too much)

40 seconds in the microwave (no more or the parmesan will get hard + stuck to the bowl)

now mix it about a bit and eat. yum. u can also add herbs [basil, parsley]

OH AND DON'T FORGET PEPPER

ENJOY

Last edited:
LOL...as you can see, lots of different recipes for mac and cheese. :) American cheese is basically Processed cheese....like Velveeta. (hope you have that brand available...) You could use a mix of colby and cheddar...or just straight cheddar (not the sharp kind) if you wanted to.

please make mine, ur gettting a whole lot of fatty american dishes served up on this thread.

Trust me, mine won't disappoint.

Hallo everybody. I did not forgot you but mij computer did not function well and the kids needed the main computer. Allso i have ms and therfore i am often verry tired. Mij epilepsie is goiing o.k and i think i wiil kook the m and c soon. Thank you verry much for aal your messadges. I know teh parmesan cheese so i will take that.

marjolein

Back
Top Bottom