med or seizure related?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Emmy

New
Reaction score
I've been having some issues with my daughters behavior after complex partial seizures, and I don't know what's causing it.... it could be that she is on a high dose of Topamax, or that we just added the Felbatol... or it could be seizure related (subclinical activity).... I just don't know... let me tell you guys what has been happening for the last two weeks: peanut has a complex partial, she just sits and picks at her clothes an rolls her eyes a couple of times... it lasts no more than 2 minutes, then she comes back around and starts crying hysterically, screaming, she looks scared, I pick her up to try and comfort her but she won't let me so I sit next to her and talk to her trying to calm her down, while she cries and kicks and screams, this goes on for roughly an hour until she falls asleep for a couple of hours or has a seizure, when she wakes up her eyes get a droopy look and she's lethargic, I really don't know what might be causing this :ponder:, what do you guys think?

Emmy :)

If you just added the Felbatol, that might be the first place to look. Sometimes new meds can throw the brain off-balance as it tries to re-calibrate, and in some situations the meds can cause seizures or change how they manifest.

Back
Top Bottom