Medical marijuana

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Does that actually help seizures or is my friend full of BS? Me Neurologist has never mentioned it and it's legal in my state for medical purposes. If so...why the F am I on these wacko meds? Conspiracy?

I have heard a few cases where people will self medicate. One specific case is on an "as needed basis."

In the end, yes, it can work.

there are case studies that state that a form of marijuana oil ( without the THC) has been given to children with severe siezures, and with alarming positive results.But politics seem to get in the way of issues regarding pot.

Last edited:
Some folks have found that marijuana helps with seizures, but for a variety of reasons there haven't been enough large-scale studies to make medical marijuana a common treatment option. As with any anti-seizure medication, people react differently -- what works for one person may not work for someone else. There's some more info at this link:
http://www.epilepsy.com/epilepsy/newsletter/sep11_marijuana

I never thought that I would ever think of trying marijuana, but after being on these meds and having the reactions I've had I'm pretty damn close to it. My vision has changed, my personality, my memory, my cognitive skills (by the way they tend to like that in ICU nursing), my teeth are rotting. So if there is something natural that will slow the impulses of the neurons that tend to spaz out and cause the seizure, maybe it's worth a go. The major reason there is no research on it is because the pharma co's won't cash in on it. There's your conspiracy.

I never thought that I would ever think of trying marijuana, but after being on these meds and having the reactions I've had I'm pretty damn close to it.........

Previously, I said I would not try the medical marijuana, but recently I've changed my mind after doing more research and coming to my wits end. I've been on many more of those AEDs and had many of those reactions, too. Plus it is legal here in Colorado, so I can get my hands on it easily.

The major reason there is no research on it is because the pharma co's won't cash in on it. There's your conspiracy.

The CURE (Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy) has began research on marijuana for epilepsy. Check out their website: http://www.cureepilepsy.org/research/cbd-and-epilepsy.asp

Does that actually help seizures or is my friend full of BS? Me Neurologist has never mentioned it and it's legal in my state for medical purposes. If so...why the F am I on these wacko meds? Conspiracy?

I love smoking it. It helps me buffer modes of logic. It's hard to explain the benefits. A thinking pillow.

Aside from that - Colorado benefited in the realm of $600 million in profit last year through their legalization. That's $600 million staying in Colorado instead of going across the border into the hands of a cartel. To me, keeping it on the illegal side of the issue is just flat out treasonous.

And then to reiterate, I believe in the medical benefits. I believe I have benefited medicinally. And admittedly, I used it prior to having seizures, and my diagnosis.

:twocents:

Back
Top Bottom