[Ketogenic] Modified Atkins & Celiac Diet

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I am wanted to get some more information from anyone who has been on both the adkins and celiac diet together. I have Celiac Disease and not very controlled seizures (MJS). My doctor has set me up with a new dietician. But, she called me today and asked me what the Modified Adkins diet is. Which does concern me, since I would think she would know this already.

Of course with Celiac the diet will even be more complicated. Can anyone give me some information that I can copy and give to her about what this diet is and suggestions on how one might intergrate the two diets. Especially for those that are already on it.

Thanks

D

You could ask for information and experiences on the www.matthewsfriends.org forum; there's a lot of knowelegde about the keto diet and Atkins there. I do remember some parents there whose kids have celriac disease.

Back
Top Bottom