Most common thing you forget

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
I always put remote tv hands free phone mob phone specks hand bag.are my regulatory things fr putting down forgetting where.Drivesme to insanity I even wonder(and maybe it is)a Peter or fecking ghost i haunted but not funny
I expect all of us on forum even ones without e got list of common things they forget.But I do not even have get out of bed to mislay things.Some arse comes along says look it under your nose they getting somewhat nasty about finding yet again.Use be me ciggies or lighter but given up that two less things to forget

What pet peeves do other mislay on daily occurrence

I have a hard time recognizing people's faces. I drive my husband crazy during movies asking, "wait, which guy is that? Is that the same person from before?"

Me, I am a top quality name forgetter, be it people, places, or things :rock:

I'm a people name-forgetter too. I don't think it's related to my epilepsy though, just one of those things...

I put important papers or things in a "safe place" so I can find when needed, then when I need it, I have forgotten where exactly I put them

When I lived in my old place I was often misplacing my keys.
When I moved I saw this box which was especially for your keys so I got it, it sits on my table & every night I throw my house keys, watch, medic alert bracelet in there so I know where they all are.

I also tend to forget names or I might go to look something on line & forget what I went to look up lol

I forget peoples names I will recognize the person but I can't remember their name it drives me crazy sometimes. I also will set things down and forget where I put it. My Dr. told me all of this is happening because they removed my right hippocampus and my left hippocampus is starting to get hard and shrink from many yrs. of seizure. I was told to do a lot of math, and word search puzzles to better my memory. Wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Last edited:
Is There Any Way To NOT Be As Forgetful?

Sue gave some good examples of brain exercises a person can do to help their memory!.
I know I do something that combines using numbers and searching at the same time. I belong to an online Sudoku club. When you work a Sudoku puzzle you are searching for the correct place to enter a number and also trying to keep track of these same numbers, so one of these puzzles makes a person's brain work. You can choose different levels of difficulty in the puzzles also.
The more you exercise your brain the better it is going to work so don't fear doing something like this! :clap:
I use www.sudokukingdom.com but you can do a google search of 'sudoku sites' and you will be given the addresses of many different sites.
These can be helpful TRY THEM!

acshuman

My biggest issue is with recognizing people/recalling their name unless they are somebody that I see a lot or on a regular basis. I keep things around my house very organized so that I always know where things are.

I'm horrible at remembering names. Everyone seems to know mine but I have no idea what theirs is.

I'm good at forgetting passwords too. I try to keep them wrote down but that still doesn't seem to always work.

One thing I do is take a picture of a person & connect it w/their phone number/email address. That helps me a lot.

The name thing is awfu.had to something more my neighbour clean for got her surname so got out of it by asking her to spell it. She similes said spelt DAY felt such fool

A lot of times I try to relate peoples names to other things like someone who I know that has the same name. As long as I can remember their face I'll usually remember their name.

I was told to do a lot of math, and word search puzzles to better my memory.

Has anyone tried Logic Puzzles?

I never really thought of doing them to improve memory, because I just like solving them, but they probably would be helpful. I find them a bit more interesting than word search or math puzzles because they have a story to them. For example, there are four friends, four items, and four prices and based on given clues you have to figure out which friend bought which item at what price. There is a grid where you can mark definite matches or definite non-matches and use the process of elimination to make logical conclusions and solve the puzzle.

I haven't been here long enough to post a link, but if you search "logic puzzles" there are free websites to play online. You can also find books of these puzzles at stores if you prefer pencil and paper.

Has anyone tried Logic Puzzles?

I never really thought of doing them to improve memory, because I just like solving them, but they probably would be helpful. I find them a bit more interesting than word search or math puzzles because they have a story to them. For example, there are four friends, four items, and four prices and based on given clues you have to figure out which friend bought which item at what price. There is a grid where you can mark definite matches or definite non-matches and use the process of elimination to make logical conclusions and solve the puzzle.

I haven't been here long enough to post a link, but if you search "logic puzzles" there are free websites to play online. You can also find books of these puzzles at stores if you prefer pencil and paper.
I love doing logic puzzles, never thought of doing them for memory though

I haven't tried logic puzzles, but i also do a lot of puzzles. I enjoy fill-in puzzles, word searches, & large jigsaw puzzles (100+ pieces). Fill-in puzzles are like crosswords in reverse--you're given a diagram & word list, and have to figure out where the words fit. Sometimes they use numbers instead of words--those can really be tough.
One of my hobbies--quilting--is kind of like putting puzzles together.

I do a lot of logic puzzles. I notice that crosswords are one of the ones that does help with my memory. Many times you think the answer to a question might be a simple everyday word but it doesn't fit, sometimes it's a long word that you might not ever heard of. That clue and that answer will be in a lot of different puzzles so I have to remember what it is. I may need to get a few letters in first before I realize that the answer might not be 'lion' but 'roarer'. If you already do crossword puzzles you might understand what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom