Movie: The Exploding Girl

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Nakamova

Super Moderator / Thank You Queen
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this indie fiction movie? It's playing in NYC now, but hasn't made it up to Beantown, and I don't know if it's showing anywhere else. From the trailer it seems like it might do a good job in handling the character's epilepsy, but I can't tell for sure.

This is the first I've heard of it. To be honest, the trailer didn't make it look all that interesting.

Agreed, Occb, but the description of the movie *and movies being what they are now* kinda says that all the good stuff will be left out of the trailer.

And if it hits someplace where we can watch it, then i'd see it. just to see how they portray her E. I dont have sound at work, but Im glad the first thing in the trailer wasnt a massive tonic clonic.

I've never heard of it, but from this preview, I'd be interested in seeing the movie to see how epilepsy is handled. How many facts do they get right?

Good points!

I read a review, and it sounds like they never show a tonic-clonic, so now I'm curious if they show any of the other kinds of seizures, or the side-effects of meds, or any of the private struggles with E. Just looking at the trailer, it doesn't look like it, but I may go see it out of curiosity.

I would

probably go see it out of curiosity.....I don't know quite what to think of it based on the trailer....:paperbag:

I think I must see it now too. I just finished watching The Time Travelers Wife kinda cool.

Back
Top Bottom