My Friend Aura

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tk2510

New
Reaction score
A friend came by to call today
To tell me it was near.
That I would soon be in it’s grasp
And it could be severe

Her presence is a warning sign
A moment she provides
The time to sit or just hold on
Before the fun arrives

Her name is Aura and she comes
As perfume in the air
And some can sense her déjà’ vu
As though they’ve once been there

Many will say I’m fortunate
To have a friend so kind.
That lets me know it soon is here
To catch me from behind

Most times I’m grateful she is there
That moment can be dear
Then there are times I see my fate
And all she brings is fear.

In truth she is a special friend
And one you can’t ignore
I’d tell you more, but I must leave
That’s Aura at the door.

what an intoduction .... welcome!
very nicely writen perhaps somone could move this to the writers cafe.... this is to me a brilliant outlook on E and how, an aura is a warning, touching peice for me, i also have a friend called aura. always makes me aware and listen to her, thankfully ive not had a TC, ..... keep writing !!! we love poems

Amazing, you hit it right on the head. I, too, have a friend named Aura; and she is an amazing friend. It's a love/hate thing, but I would rather have her around than to not. Meds have removed the aura and talk about a more frightening existence... to not know when something is going to happen is far worse than having the aura and paying attention. Hang in there.

"As perfume in the air..."

How many people would actually get that? Nicely done. :)

Great job! As much as I dislike my epilepsy, I sure do appreciate the auras.

wow what a poem, nicely done.
it's quite something how often the word 'aura' is used, rather than seizure. almost like it's a prettier word. rhyming 'simple partial seizure' may not be so easy :)

Back
Top Bottom