My Grand Mal Seizure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I went and picked up the records for the night I had the seizure cause I remember nothing and wanted to see what was reported to have been seen when I had it and what the paramedics and doctor said.

It says that the ambulance was called to Walmart & btw they said I work there and I don't. lol. Anyway, a bystander noted I was experiencing Tonic Clonic acvtivity and helped me to the floor. It lasted 2 minutes & said I didn't recall the events. I appeared postictal (altered state of consciousness) and when I saw her symptoms (doctor), her events had resolved.

Says after detailed questioning calls a traumatic brain injury. Apparently I woke in Walmart but don't recall it AT ALL. I woke up in the ambulance so I thought I was unconcious until then and then thought I passed out again cause next thing I was in the hospital and don't remember getting there.

And I do have Hypothyroidism, which makes me think the medications I take for seizures affect it. Cat scan said I had evidence of hygroma (fluid without blood) which I think was the beginning of the bleed, started the process which wasn't found for 2 months.

Says it's possible head trauma years before caused the seizure. Neurosurgeon did say my bleed appeared to be from an injury so why if the injury was years ago, why didn't I have seizures years before and had the bleed years ago? Some of it's inaccurate like records saying I had kidney surgery which I didn't.

I know I do have an enlarged thyroid and have never been able to recall the events after the seizure between being in the ambulance and ride to the hospital, it's a total blank. Of course I was probably unconcious so that's not unusual but if I was conscious, I don't know what happened. I could have been streaking naked in Walmart for all I know. haha

My mom just told me about something that happened to me as a baby that may or may not explain the seizures. The doctors keep talking and asking me if I ever had head trauma when it comes to my seizures.

I knew this but forgot, my mom said as a baby, we'd been in the car and I was in the seat next to her and at that time, they didn't have car seats so I was just in a seat belt and a kid ran in front of her and she had to slam on the brakes to keep from hitting him and said I came out of my seat and hit the windshield so hard it cracked the window. But I never had seizures as a child. I've cracked my head a few times resulting in stitches and then that but never had seizures from any of it.

Can something like that result in seizures more than 40 years later? I figured it might be the kidney failure that caused it along with the high potassium. I would think something like that, that happened so long ago, would have caused problems years ago.

Doc has put fault Infomation on my reports to. I talk to someone about it and he said don't poss off the doc becuase they are legalized to kill you.
I think he was tellin me that if you piss them off and you end up back in the hospital they might just kill you or try not to help you. I know weird right.
How did you get your ambulance report?

I've had and still have great doctors, they actually care about my welfare, which I didn't have at all with my previous primary doctor. I'm sure it's all unintended misinformation. I find if you go to three different doctors with same symptoms, they have three different answers.

There's always so many possibilities and so many illnesses with almost identical symptoms, guess it depends on the person what it is, history and all. Kind of like medicine acting in different ways in every person, one might be allergic, the next one not allergic. No telling if the person who writes up the records might have made the error, not the doctor. Hard to say but my doctors are great, I really like them, they know what they are doing.

I just went to the hospital I was at and asked for copies of the records for that night. They were free for first ten pages and .50 cents a page after, which is why I can never afford my full records cause my records are three folders thick and I mean thick, at least 4 inches per folder lol

I'd forgotten about this too. Another thing that happened to me as a child was when I was around 3 or 4, I put on this halloween mask and I wanted to show my mom and we lived in a basement apartment, which had cement stairs.

I couldn't see where I was going and I reached for the railing to hang onto, I missed and fell down the stairs, smashing my head against the cemet step and then the door. Then about 10 years ago, I fell on a deck and hit my head against the sliding glass door, splitting my head open. All these times, I required stitches.

I'm amazed sometimes I survived my childhood. lol

Is it possible all those head injuries what caused my seizure so many years later? I also have short term memory loss and I'm positive that resulted in the head injuries as a child. My Mom said I never had seizures as a kid.

Anyone's seizures stem from head trauma?

Back
Top Bottom