My phone & security

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

finalpoet

Stalwart
Reaction score
Currently my phone needs a pin code to get into it. But should I use no security, just a screen swipe, so my family and anyone else can get into my phone in emergency and see my medical information?

I've got my phone locked but it's in an easy way, more because if I have a seizure and try to get in my phone after the seizure I'm still not with it so it's a little easier for me to get into. But that being said I've still tried to get into my phone during seizure or straight after & locked myself out.

In regard to your question about emergency info, I have a ICE app on my phone with my details with my conditions meds & my parents contact numbers. I have it set to appear on my screen if its locked. I also have a medic alert bracelet which has a card with my info on it and I have the card in the pocket of my mobile phone case.

My phone is locked at all times. The only people with access to the coding is my girlfriend and Grandma.

I've rerouted my phones emergency call setting to call my grandma instead of emergency services because I get annoyed at people calling ambulances when I have a seizure, My phone and watch's SOS feature also redirects to Grandma and myself (so I know it has been activated)

Back
Top Bottom