NATIONAL EPILEPSY WK 17th-23rd MAY

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Elaine H

New
Reaction score
Hi All

I just wanted to point out in case you folk in the UK didn't know, May 17th to 23rd is National Epilepsy Week. I've already written an article, booked a slot on my local BBC radio station, and I'm talking to BBC radio two with regards to talking on Jeremy Vine's lunchtime show.

I would urge you all to "do your bit" for the cause, we just cannot sit back and watch epilepsy continuously swept under the carpet and kept hush hush!! We can't discuss it, as if we were back in the old days, when epilepsy was known as The Falling Syckness, we were all stark raving mad, and should be locked up, or labelled insane!! Did you know, that in some countries, up until the 1960's epilepsy was grounds for divorce for Christsakes!!

As I always do, I will be talking to as many people as I can to explode this age old myth, with the mention of the dreaded word epilepsy in the press a couple of times this year, re John Travolta and David Cameron's sad loss, lets get on the back of that, and talk about it, let's educate the great British public, and tell them that we are no more insane than Gordon Brown??!! Hmmmm, not sure he would be a good example at the moment?

I'll let you know how it goes, but c'mon folks, lets not have a repeat of last year, do you realise that in 2008, National Shed Week (and what British people keep in their sheds) got more media coverage than epilepsy week? Unbelieveable!! Well, I'm going to try and do something about that this year!!:clap:

Lotsalove

Elaine (Still seizure free, wicked!!!)

xxxx

Last edited:
uk only

Your week is in the UK only. All we get is a walk for one day. Rats. :paperbag:

Does anyone know if there is anything like this in Canada?

Let me know what day you are on air, coz I would love to have a listen. I wish I was brave enough to talk about E on the radio.

be interesting to tally the cost verse savings living abroad, or an open minded to the facts of science not lobbyist. Is anyone else having a bad day?

November

So, why don't we hear anything? It's all about gearing up for xmas, or it's Native American month.

Back
Top Bottom