[Did Not Like] Natural Cures 'They' Don't Want You To Know About

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Birdbomb

VNS Guru
Reaction score
Food for thought

http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/214931/convicted_us_felons_cures_tops_book_charts/index.html

Convicted U.S. Felon's 'Cures' Tops Book Charts

He went to prison for fraud and was ordered by the U.S. government to stop touting health products on infomercials, but Kevin Trudeau's book "Natural Cures 'They' Don't Want You to Know About" is a bestseller.

Trudeau, who for years sold snoring remedies and memory enhancers through long-format commercials dressed up as talk shows, says he is a consumer advocate battling the "unholy alliance" of drug companies and government regulators.

"It's all about money. The drug industry does not want people to get healthy," he says in a commercial for his book. Trudeau says he has sold about 4 million copies of the book in under a year, a huge amount for a self-published book marketed initially only through the Internet and television infomercials.

The book -- whose back cover says "Never get sick again!" and "Learn the specific natural cures for herpes, acid reflux, diabetes ... cancer ... and more!" -- has topped the Publishers Weekly nonfiction bestseller list for the past three weeks.
That attracted the attention of the New York Consumer Protection Board, which issued a warning this month that Trudeau promised cures he did not deliver.

"This book is exploiting and misleading people who are searching for cures to serious illnesses," said Teresa Santiago, who chairs the board. "From cover to cover, this book is a fraud," she said, adding that a doctor quoted apparently endorsing the book died in 2001.
Stephen Barrett, a retired psychiatrist who runs a Web site called Quackwatch, described Trudeau's book as "a collection of false ideas" that included dangerous advice such as the claim that sunscreen can cause cancer so it should not be used.

"The danger of the book is it's an attempt to shape public opinion so people don't trust science-based healthcare."

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anything of quality sold via infomercials? Color me skeptical.

Scientologist

I tried reading one of his goofball books. I got the feeling that he is a Scientologist. I asked a friend, and he looked it up. Yep, he is a Scientologist.
I know that is not saying much, but then again, it probably says a whole lot, depending upon the individual opinion of this sect.

Kevin's Book

I've check about E in his books and actually I've never come across any "cure" since all he says is that the pharma. co. take your money and he's NOT allowed to tell you the cure. What's the cure for E in his books since I couldn't find it. Personally I think he's an idiot since I find it annoying that he won't tell you the cures.

I've check about E in his books and actually I've never come across any "cure" since all he says is that the pharma. co. take your money and he's NOT allowed to tell you the cure. What's the cure for E in his books since I couldn't find it. Personally I think he's an idiot since I find it annoying that he won't tell you the cures.

Lol... that IS kinda nutty.:ponder:

I've seen

the informercials, and just watching those has given me the creeps. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

BEWARE!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Trudeau

In the book, Trudeau claims that there are "all-natural" cures for serious illnesses, including cancer, herpes, arthritis, AIDS, acid reflux disease, various phobias, obesity, multiple sclerosis, lupus, chronic fatigue syndrome, attention deficit disorder, and muscular dystrophy, and that these cures (which include the practice of Dianetics, a practice of Scientology) are being deliberately hidden from the public
This parasite is just one of many out there touting bogus cures. Remember "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!" I didn't realize he was a scientologist but have seen the infomercial even on the local PBS station during their fund drives. Read that Wiki article for some enlightenment.

Back
Top Bottom