Nausea

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Liss0213

New
Reaction score

Does anyone else experience the worst nausea after having a seizure? I cannot count the amount of times I thought I was pregnant due to the constant period of nausea. Was this medicine induced, or no? I'm trying to decide if I should find a new drug because of how awful these are.

Hi Liss0213 - welcome to CWE, it's great here :)

I think a few others have mentioned nausea effects after their seizures, so it wouldn't be uncommon. As you mentioned, it could also be a side effect of your meds- but I'd say as it's just post-seizure it's more likely to be related to them.

In any case, record it in your seizure diary, and make sure your doctors know about it.

I've also experienced nausea after a t-c seizure. It could be medication-related or it might also have to do with the "whiplash" the neck and head can undergo -- that can cause nausea too. Usually I just try and sleep it off. But it's important to eat and drink a little eventually so you don't end up dehydrated. I've found that plain popcorn seems to go down better than other foods (unless I've bitten my tongue, in which case, smoothies are easier).

I have experience post seizure nausea as well. Expelling the raviolis after it kinda of turned me off of them for at least a year :/
I agree with SlimBlue with it just be related to post seizure times, that's a likely culprit.

Back
Top Bottom