needing to vent 😕

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

stacey

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My E son Xavier has Tuberous Sclerosis Complex and has had 12 meds in 5 years for his seizures, he also has ADHD and an autism diagnosis is in the wait list.

His intellectual capabilities are at approx 2-3 years although he is actually 8 years old.he is 90% non verbal.

I am beside myself at the moment and that's
because he has been getting violent with myself and youngest child and he has been having meltdowns and tantrums with no apparent reason.

He has been hyper sensitive and that is a massive understatement, but it has caused so much angst in my household.

I watch my son regress into potential baby mode and it pains me incredibly to see.he barely eats, and what he does has to be spoon fed and he has been stripping off and urinating in random places and he has been obsessed in confined dark places.he is extremely sensory which is a challenge in itself. he had to start rispiradone on Thursday last because I am struggling to find a resolution. His seizures have been manageable but his behavior has been off the charts.I know that I need to give it longer to work but I am struggling to find the equilibrium.

Thanks for reading.

Stacy -- Believe me, I will read everything you write, it that helps.

When my son was around 2, he threw temper tantrums sometimes. (His mom had left me.) I did something that at the time seemed quite unnatural (to my mind). I gave him a big hug. It calmed him down almost right away. He knew something was wrong and did not know how to articulate it. After that, he did not have many temper tantrums.

Your son's difficulties are very different, but I thought this might help.

I had tuberculosis as a child, which is nothing as bad as tuberous sclerosis. I am sorry for you.

Back
Top Bottom