neurologisits not listening...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
my neuro wont listen i have been having 10 to 20 seizures a day and he just wants to up a med that doesn't help and he said if i don't take his advice go to er was there friday no good on his advice he is young and in my mind my neuro that i originally had just tossed me to him a couple yrs ago and its been all down hill.i go see him on the 26th im ending him and movin to get a epileptologists topamax makes my kidneys hurt and he wants to up it no means no a hole.im gonna get new prescriptions and lower my vns and see ya later.everybody there ignores me i wont even talk anymore its my mom or my wife thats how mad i am i just have to try to be nice cause i would really like to tell him off but im not a mean guy.

Neurologists, just like meds: It's a shame you have to go through the process of trying out yet another one. Hopefully the side effects will be minimal.

acpollard2010, you mention you have options i.e. move to epitologist, if you can DO IT.
We in queue (my Son 26) to see epitologist. We got lots to ask/say and for sure not expecting take the med and off you go as per his neurologist diagnose who promised he would do same for his brother and I believe he meant it, but his bro does not have E. No lets really look at all THE seizures and a good hard look at the overall well being!

Plus the improvements that My Son has booked through, therapy, NFB-therapy, supplements (all researched by us with big help from CWE), excellent diet (this we should all know)…not one ever recommended by neurologist…

bring on the epitologist's, to really talk about it ALL..

Thank u chaz I have found out about those drs when I joined this site then did some research and found out all kinds of things he has never mentioned besides scaring my family sayin I could die at anytime not his place in my mind to me maybe not to scare everybody

Neurologist’s deal with all kinds of brain disorders, they prescribe what they know and are so limited in time, and more often than not truly believe in their prescription and sometimes they are right.

To take the step to say goodbye to the neurologist (we did) is not easy coz as he said, well they will recommend same as me (lets see), But he said my Son could always come back to him, we made sure we departed with the respect his neurologist deserved because he had no ill will for my Son..And in middle of all that, my Son started having major T/C breakthroughs so we went with his advice to up the meds slightly, for now. And again, kicking in where possible to counter act the additional fog and some (by looking at and talking about overall well being, and added B complex and Vitamin D).

If the means are available to look around for ‘opinions’ i.e. move to someone whose whole career is all about understanding E and caring for the E patient. It’s an easy choice to make.

vitamin d is something i should prolly take never mentioned to me maybe because im not a child or they put me in the epilepsy monitoring unit so many times and like u said they deal with all brain disorders

acpollard2010

Have you ever had your blood levels tested for vitamin/mineral deficiency, glucose?

Vitamin d is something you can introduce in a heartbeat, D3 and good quality only. My Son takes 1000IU daily and I want to up it but waiting for new doc and blood tests to confirm but itching to up it already. I must stress this is my opinion and I am no doctor.

Back
Top Bottom