Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lor

New
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm lor. That's my name in most all E rooms. If lor says one thing in one room & you see her later, it's probably the same lor, so we can talk about whatever it is. I have had E for at least 35 yrs. My 1st sz was in the classroom in grade 6. I asked the teacher to say "hello" to me. She said hello, using my 'nickname' (lorry) & I told her No say "Hello Lorraine" The class laughed, I sat & wondered what happened, the bell rang, we changed classes then in the next class I just sat & wondered. Lamictal has been controling my GM's since 1996 but I take another med because I have CP's & SP's. I take another med & got a VNS in 2000.

Hi lor, welcome to the forum! It's nice to see another crossover from BrainTalk. :)

Has the VNS helped reduce your seizures (and or reliance on meds)?

Hi lor

Hi Lor: Hows life treating you? I hope your doing well on Lamictol. Been along time since we chatted ,its me fourstar , on this board I am Positive Person. Wishing you a sz free life.

hope to hear from you
best wishes
Positive Person
aka fourstar
real life Riva

POSITIVEPERSON, OH MY GOD! (excuse me anyone). :eek: I didn't know that was you. YOU WERE THE FIRST TO TELL ME ABOUT THE VNS. I couldn't gasp this thing you were talking about,...perhaps no meds? I might not have looked into it & gotten it when I did (2000) if you didn't tell me bout it. It has reduced my sz's & made them less severe. I have them 2-3 times a month.
bernard, I have bookmarked several E forums thus haven't looked for any, in awhile. I'm glad you wrote something about this one.

Wait a sec. POSITIVEPERSON :oops: it might not have been you. I didn't stop to think cuz I was amazed that you were/are one of my ole friends. It could have been Flower. I've talked to so many in 13 years. Oh well, I'm still happy to be here. :D ROTFLMAO

It's good to hear that the VNS has given you good results. 8)

hi lor

Lor: yeah its me. How are the kids doing? I bet their in Univ now. Been a
long time. I ma so glad the vns inplant worked out for you . Yup I had many names, till I felt comfortable with the right one. Remember I tried flower, rock, lol than switched to fourstar. Than I moved back to NYC than I played with PositivePerson and fourstar . The old names reminded how weird it was to be on line and not know how to pick a name. Have you heard from BON or Hattie? I lost contact with Hattie when her husband got a new job.
I lost contact with Shan. Which is so odd since I am living in Oregon. Right next door to her. I sure miss them both.

Here's to old friends on the net. ((hugs))

PositivePerson
aka
Riva

A big welcome

Hi lor - I remember you from braintalk and brainchat!!! I haven't been there in awhile, it got too busy for me, but glad you stopped over to the "coping crew!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom