New- my 11mo baby girl has had 8 seizures in 2months.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My Isabelle is now 11 months and was 9 months at her first seizure. She has has 8 in total as of today. The PHX children's hospital diagnosed her with epilepsy but the EEG and MRI did not show any signs. Blood work also came back good. She was born in time and at home naturally with a lmw. No immunizations at all. She is completely healthy other than the seizures. She was also diagnosed with thrush at the hospital and given nystatin. It had not cleared up her thrush. I started probiotics so we will see, but I was wondering if anyone had considered a connection with the thrush and seizures?

Hi,

I sorry your little one is going through all this.

When I take antib. I have more seizures.

Are you keeping a diary, noting the seizures, noting the time of day, the length they last and any thing that seems different, list triggers.

Nystatin is an anti-biotic and some anti-biotics lower seizure thresholds ... If your baby had a low seizure threshold already taking the Nystatin may of made the seizures worse but i Dont know about the link between seizures and thrush ... Im assuming oral since you've been given Nystatin ???

Im sorry your going through this :( (((((hugs)))))

Back
Top Bottom