new updates

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
well did like everyone said I called and left a message for my neuro, waited about an hour and the nurse called back neuro was out and they had to call and leave a message for him and leave the details about what happened to me on saturday, well about an hour later the nurse called me back with what the neuro had to say.
orignally the neuro was going to bump up my keppra to 750 2x a day well after what happened on saturday, I'm now going to be taking 1000mg of keppra 2x a day and next monday reducing my topamax to 50mg to 2x a day instead of 75mg 3x a day.
to see how this works and if it helps with memory and numbness and everything else, and if it doesnt then he'll try something else lol and maybe cut it out completly.
thoguht I'd keep you all updated! have a safe and happy 4th everyone!

Mike

it's good to know they sorted it out for you, lets all hope it works for you this time

i'm hoping so and that it helps reduce even more seizures and that things calm down even more for a longer period of time this time too.
thanks sonia.

mike

That's good news! :)
Hopefully with a reduction in the Topamax your numbness will go away. :)
If it's still a problem and he suspects it's the medication, he'll likely cut it out and replace it with something else.

that's what i think he's think he's thinking but i was having it before the medthe topamax seemed to make it more obivious and frequent. So I'm still kinda lost as to causes but here's to hoping!
and thank you silat!
mike

I hope it works for you! Last year when my neurologist was trying to wean me off of Keppra and put me on lamictal, I had an allergic reaction to the lamictal, so had to be taken off of it. But I went from 3000mgs of Keppra down to 2750mgs a day and I was having numbness, and tingling in my feet and hands. It would come and go all the time during the day and night. I had to put up with it for a month or so, til I went back for my appointment at the end of May, and asked if I could please be put back to 3000mgs of Keppra. They agree'd. Once I was back to the 3000mgs, all that went away. I havnt had it since. So I hope Keppra does the same for you! :)

kristin, so the keppra caused you numbness?
i know the topamax caused it for me. So I'm not sure what to expect I;ve been havind a weird roller coaster of effects new auras smelled herbal root smells facial numbness burning arms with numbness, took 10 min to find a word before i could think of of which one it was, couldnt give a 3 turn direction to a fast food place by my apartment last night with out issues last night, had an absence type seizure where i remember typing on a chat fourum then I was out and my hands kept going typed "pain" came back looked at the screeen and asked everyone did I write this and they all said yes since I didn't remember it.
I was kinda worried.
mike

Back
Top Bottom