Newbie to here and kinda new to E

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tralee A

Pillar
Reaction score
hi all
i've had epilepsy for almost 5 years now but its still feels like i've just got it recently. none of my meds are working properly and its driving me insane.
to make things a little tricky too...i have diabetes, asthma and a genetic bone disorder. the diabetes and epilepsy are thing pieces that are driving me nuts.
my meds work to a certain point so that i have them randomly...usually not long after i have a stressful moment. and having them makes it a bit more stressed out so its a never ending cycle

and coz they are complex partial i dont have the normal shake rattle and roll of grand mal or petit mal
they are just...freaky for others looking on

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that your meds are not working for you. Try to keep your stress level down with something you enjoy.

Welcome Tralee -
Bernard beat me to it. I was going to suggest nutritional changes for many of your ailments.
Hope you enjoy reading because there is quite a lot of good information here about the subject.

diets etc

thanks to bernard and others who have suggested diet ideas to try. as for the low GI one i already attempt to stick to it but it hasn't made much of a diference to my epilepsy. i know it helps my blood sugar levels behave. i've found that i cant handle rosemary and possibly jasmine.
i've been told that good diabetes control and epilepsy control help each other. i know that bit. i'm getting the pump sometime soon so hope that helps in that area.

the destress thing....i'm not sure what ideas to try. i have a few moments where i am down and some of them take a bit to get back out from. its usually when i tallk to someone and get it off my chest. i know mum should be the best person to talk to but i'm not so sure with somethings.
my bf seems to be the one lately
i'm not sure what to do about the thing with mum. it's probly one of the things that get me ticked off and also leads to all the rest. its complicated and annoying.

Aloha Tralee - Stress is a devil! For myself I do a couple of things starting with recognizing toxic people and situations and remembering that my health must come before toxic people. They can get over it, I don't. My plan B is music. I listen to whatever puts me in a good place. When I feel like I am overloaded I do things like gardening, walking or hangin with my dogs (they are never toxic) Saying no is often the hardest word but is sometimes necessary to survive. Good luck and enjoy the folks here, they are the best:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom