Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tayray

New
Reaction score
Hi!

Two days ago I was diagnosed with JME after having my second grand mal seizure. The first one took place 4 years ago when I was in college after a night of partying and was mistaken for dehydration. I have had myclonic jerks since I was in high school, but thought they were normal and that my body just hadn't "waken" yet. It's been probably about 7 years since I started feeling the jerks. Somehow I made it through high school, college, grad school (while pregnant) without any major episodes and no medication.

Since I was diagnosed I have been taking Keppra 250 twice a day. I don't like taking medication. I dislike the way it makes me feel. I take B12 vitamins to help give me energy so I can keep up with my one year old daughter. I'm hoping after a second opinion I can just take the meds at night because that is when I am most effected by this. I hope that this forum can give me some answers since everything is new to me. Thanks for listening! :)

Tay

Tay,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but very glad that now you are getting the right medical treatment.

I'm glad you found CWE. The people in here are great - they give terrific support and lend lots of knowlege.

welcome to cwe , you'll probably get alot of great advice on here and info's unlimited , enjoy !

Welcome dear! I too have a naughty daughter and it becomes difficult to deal with her sometimes as she is so full of energy and sometimes her questions puzzle me a lot! So now I too intend to start my Vit B12 course. Be comfortable, all here are ur friends!

Back
Top Bottom