Non epilepsy questio

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
Would American explain.i only asking as no other Americans to ask.Was told only HC And DT ere standing but are others who don't know about.Secondly if one voted the standing president still president until new year so what happens if country went to war would Obama still be boss

The main candidates for president are Hillary (Democrat) and Trump (Republican). Obama will be finishing his second term come January and then he's done (he can no longer run for, or stay in office). There are independent candidates such as those from the libertarian party (Gary Johnson), but they receive minimal attention in the media and from voters so they're not worth talking about as there is really no way for them to win the presidency (unless something very, very odd happens).

If the US enters into war now, before the new president steps in, Obama would be the commander in chief until the new president takes office. At that point in time, the new president would take over as CIC.

If all the nominees were assassinated post election Congress could extend the Presidency until a special election is held. The President could only be extend for up to 2 years or have the Vice President take over if for some unimaginable reason we could not manage an election in that time frame of 2 years.
However the electoral college could still cast the electoral votes for anyone even if they did not run.
Basically you have a better chance of being struck by lightning 3 times in a row with no clouds in the sky for any of that to happen.

Basically you have a better chance of being struck by lightning 3 times in a row with no clouds in the sky for any of that to happen.

Better keep your eyes on the sky. The weather has been pretty bad in the U.S.A. for several years now.

Yes I try to not talk politics in detail on here (or most places for that matter) I can only say that many feel that our system is completely corrupt. ?? Some say...

Yup, no politics allowed here at CWE folks. I will swoop in with my threadlocking tools if that occurs...:)

Yes I try to not talk politics in detail on here (or most places for that matter) I can only say that many feel that our system is completely corrupt. ?? Some say...

They may be right.not political question just curious

Back
Top Bottom