Not remembering what my auras are like

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
This might be sort of goofy but I really don't remember what my auras are like after I had a seizure. I must know I'm having it though because I'll have my VNS magnet in my hand or beside me, instead of clipped to the waist of my pants where I keep it when someone sees me having the seizure.

This morning I was going to start doing something when I got very light headed and dizzy. I sat down and used my magnet a few times. After about 10 minutes I started feeling better. I stayed sitting down for over an hour before I felt good again.

I don't know if I did have a seizure, or if I stopped it from coming on by using the VNS magnet, because I was here alone.

BIGMAN131307

Veteran
Reaction score
Nothing goofy about it. Auras can be just about anything, and they can/do change overtime. They even can go way completely.

This morning I was going to start doing something when I got very light headed and dizzy. I sat down and used my magnet a few times. After about 10 minutes I started feeling better. I stayed sitting down for over an hour before I felt good again.
There's a common aura right there. A stopwatch may also to track the length of the aura & seizure.

Best thing you did was rest awhile until you felt better.

Nakamova

Super Moderator / Thank You Queen
Reaction score
Not only can a seizure wipe out your memory of what came right before, but I think a lot of seizures happen when the brain is distracted, when the brainwaves are in a certain "dreamy" state. So you’re unfocused before the seizure and amnesiac afterwards. (Which is another reason why it can be so interesting to see a video of what you look like during the seizure).