November?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I'm trying to remember, and I may well be wrong, but isn't Novenber Epilepsy month? Of course it is Adoption month and who knows what else. It does seem everything has a month or two but I thought I'd seen that Epilepsy link somewhere. If it is, what do people do about it? Are we suposed to have fundraisers or walks or something? Just want to do it right.

Yes, you are right, it is. As a matter of fact, I just ordered some checks, and a cover for them that are the color for Epiepsy...:) Weird, I know.....

If you check with your local Epilepsy Foundation chapter, you can find out what is going on. If you find out that there isn't anything, why not start something yourself?

I'm thinking that I'll invite friends over for a potluck supper, and then -- surprise! -- quiz them on what they know about epilepsy. I think they are basically bright folks, but have all the usual misconceptions when it comes to E. It's time to set them straight, and then send them back out in the world better-educated about epilepsy...

NOVEMBER IS EPILEPSY AWARENESS MONTH

There are many events, happenings, etc,
that are going on, and one way to find out what's
happening is to click on the Epilepsy Foundation
Logo below and click on your State to find out
what all is happening in your area! And be involved.

Cleveland Clinic and their branches throughout
the United States (and in Canada?) also has
Epilepsy Awareness activities too, and you can
visit them by going to www.clevelandclinic.org

Checking with your MAJOR Hospital(s) - they often
might have activities and actions going on, and if not
you can always drum one up and get going!

REMEMBER LAVENDER IS THE COLOR!

Let's spread the awareness of Epilepsy!

Back
Top Bottom