ok lamictal experts : )

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

joan

Stalwart
Reaction score
Please put on your thinking caps.. My daughter has myolconics and only the one grand mal so far, she has JME like her brother, we think .. Welcome to the world of E.... Shes only on lamictal a few weeks and only at 175 mg a day. She said this week she is very over sensitive to noise. That if someone drops a book near her, she will shake. If someone surprises her from behind, she will shake. Not a myoclonic shake more like a cold shiver.. anyone else??

joan*

Son lamictal 19 Grand Mals Daughter lamictal 16 = Both had first issues at 15 Both JME ?? - gotta love puberty : ) * Both dealing with it* Now finding all the lil nuances that go with it*
Live, Laugh, Love

She said this week she is very over sensitive to noise. That if someone drops a book near her, she will shake. If someone surprises her from behind, she will shake. Not a myoclonic shake more like a cold shiver.. anyone else??

It sounds like me during the post-ictal phase of a more extreme seizure (usually T/C). It's happened to me very rarely though & I"m not on Lamictal.

Last edited:
Mmmm

I agree. I was on Lamictal for 7 years, and I don't remember that at all...except after a seizure

Joan:

I am now on 100 mg Lamictal to the feedbag
of mine (on a total of 3 AEDs)!

And I am 'hypersensitive' to weather changes
more now than ever before; too weird for my
tastes, but at least it IS controlling the seizures!

You might want to visit this thread here:
Lamictal and Behavioral Problems

Last edited:
Thanks guys *** Ive called the dr and we shall see. Her myoclonics are back today with a vengance. We are probably going to pull her from school today and give her one of those "special" pills UGHHHHHHhhhhh

Maybe it was the myoclonics starting over? We havent had any since the night in the ER where they gave her that shot. That was a little over 2 weeks.

ALso Ive read some others are having troubles with their teens with behavior and I just want to mention that after I took my son to a neuro phsycologist MANY behavorial matters were addressed there. There seem to be all these other lil "issues" that either seem to go hand in hand with E or are a by product. Also many E kids have processing disorders THAT will give you behavior problems and ITS NOT the kids fault. You have to address the processing disorders. Once we did, my kid felt better and he understand himself better and it made changing behavior much EASIER and it made for a happier kid.

The more i get involved, the worst its starting to seem.

joan*

Back
Top Bottom