Old Man Winters Coming Back

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I sure hope all of you are having better weather than what's headed my way. I live on the east coast so we are under a winter storm warning starting Monday night through Wednesday night for 12 to 18 inches of snow. The winds are supposed to be very strong also. I sure hope old man winter would go away. I want to see the flowers and feel the warm sunshine again.
Wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless All of You!

Sue

Hi Porkette! Don't you just love snow too?! I live in upper MN on the coast of Lake Superior and it seems like he never leaves us alone too.

We had a dumping on us about a week back, with the high winds too. It's been cold here since then and we still have snowbanks all over that refuse to melt.

But the best part of a snow storm is (yes, I'm being sarcastic with this lol) the Shoveling that has to be done after!

Here in Saskatchewan we were supposed to get hit real hard with snow late last week but for the most part it missed us :rock: but the 80-90 km/h wind for a couple days really was a bummer. I would have really preferred the foot of snow

Hope it goes good for you.

And I, like you, am craving the green grass, and leaves on the trees, I'd like to try to garden again this year, but I've never really been successful. And to be able to open the windows to air out my house from the stale winter smell that happens year after year is what I'm looking forward to most!

I've always been told by family that the smell of my house always the same year round, but I've convinced myself that there is a difference through the seasons so I'm a bit obsessed with that!

Granted, I've been told that if it's your house you become "nose blind" to any type of smell, unless you've burnt some food that is, that tends to sticks around no matter how well I had cleaned up afterward!

Hi seizuregirl,

I could never stand living north of NY. When I retire I want to move down south so I don't have to deal with the snow. Right now we are supposed to get 21 inches of snow. The only good thing about this is maybe they will cancel school Tuesday. Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi cadsgj,

I have friends that live in Canada and I don't know how you stand the bitter cold winters. I'm glad to hear that the winter storm missed you, but just like you we have had a lot of strong winds and more strong winds are coming with this storm that's supposed to last for 3 days. Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

I saw new thing in uk about snow you got coming must be real bad if on international news.
er it really sunny here but I am cold turn heat up now to hot,but don't think you want hear that in america

Hi seagull,
Today has been like a heat wave here since it got up to 32 degrees and the past couple of days its been in the single digits. Now we are going to get up to 23 inches of snow along with winds up to 40 mph. The grocery stores were packed today everyone is getting ready for some wicked winter weather. Take care and May God Bless You!

Sue

That's the bad problem about a storm everyone goes nuts thinking "We won't eat again!!!!!!" then they run to the store LOL

American weather mystery to me As think is for most of world.definatly mulder and scully thing

Here in the Chicago area, we just received our first snowfall of more than 1 inch since December. The last 2 months tied or broke the records for lack of snow.

Hi Sabbo,
I trade places with you. We are now supposed to get 2 ft. of snow and we are a state of emergency. Then we have a chance for another winter storm on the weekend. Hopefully it won't hit us. The only good thing about this storm is that they canceled school so I don't have to go to work today. Wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Only my younger son is happy to see the snow. I always say I've seen more than enough to last a lifetime.
While growing up, I lived in 2 places that make Chicago winters seem mild. I lived near Sioux Falls, SD, & in Superior, WI. In South Dakota, I saw blizzards that left only the car's roof exposed. In Wisconsin, we averaged 8 ft. of snow/year, but it was the wind-chill that was a REAL problem--often, -50 F to -60 F.

Hi Folks,

Well now NYS is under a state of emergency, all roads are shut down and no truck drivers are allowed on the thru way as of 9 am today (Tues). We have about 18 inches of snow if not more with about another foot to come. So far we are lucky we haven't lost power yet. I'm ready to move down south. Take care and God Bless All of You!

Sue

New York City is that...well been sunny warm here I live place nick name Sunshine Coast but this moment in time you don't want know that

Good luck to all in snow zone,your country is well under control

We got a foot of snow yesterday, followed by freezing rain. It's super-icy out today. Temps won't get above freezing until Friday, so no real thawing until then...

Out here in Denver, the storm just missed us. We are actually in a drought this year here in Denver. Up in the mountains, they received lots of snow, but not down here. This week we are supposed to be up in the 70-80's! UNREAL!! I bet we will get our big snow in April! March is usually our snowiest month! Not this year.

Thinking of all you in the Northeast! Stay warm!!

Thanks Cint! Hope you get more water soon. I know Colorado is pretty vulnerable to wildfires.

Back
Top Bottom