Onfi

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I was on it a few months ago. Overall it wasn't bad. It seemed to work with my Trileptal.
Though I still had seizures, they didn't get any worse. I only had one side effect. When I was taking it I was sleeping a lot more. It was like I had narcolepsy. I'd get up in the morning and take my AEDs. After I go sit down to watch tv, and within minutes I'd be fast asleep. Some time later I get up to use the bathroom. I head back to sit down, eat, etc. But within a few minutes I'd be fast asleep. In a 24hr period I'd sleep at least 20hrs.

Onfi was too relaxing for my brain. So I stopped taking it.

I was given this right at the start- not actually as an AED, but something to take and chill me out, or if I'd really bashed myself up and just wanted to escape the stress/pain.

I had same reaction to it as bigman- always knocked me out- but I never took it regularly, really was something to have now and then. Though it was usefull like that, I doubt I'd want to take it all the time :S

Don't want to freak you out- and you know we all have different effects- but I'd be carefull of benzos anyway. I take a sleeping pill now and then for the insomnia- and the tolerance build up is scary..

Back
Top Bottom