Oops.....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Clovis

Stalwart
Reaction score
I just had to post this since I thought it was so funny. Hope you all get a laugh at my expense.

Yesterday morning I was fixing my husband French toast for breakfast. He likes cinnamon on it so, I fixed it and since I don't care for it I just used the rest of the eggs to make myself scrambled eggs.

We sat down to eat and after a couple bites he asked me if I'd put cinnamon on it. i said yes, I always do. He just kept giving me a puzzled look and it dawned on me what I'd done. I put chili powder on it instead of cinnamon! I just grabbed a spice with a red label. I didn't have my glasses on.

So after the initial shock I did what any loving wife would do. I burst out laughing. I laughed until the tears ran down my cheeks.

I did make some some more French toast tho and made extra sure I got the cinnamon that time.

Hope that gave you a good laugh and please feel free to share any silly goofs you've made.

I've done the same thing! But with my oatmeal -- I put cayenne in it instead of cinnamon. It was...interesting.

That would make it interesting. Thank you for sharing your goof and giving us another laugh.

You just had to post this, there is no way I am going to let my wife see this post. God only knows what she would think of doing to me and me just out of hospital.

Oh come on, don't be afraid. We will protect you. Lol

Omg i did the same thing this morning, or near enough! I put chinese five spice into my porridge instead of nutmeg lol. Still ate it, it wasn't bad lol. If i knew how to put pics on here i'd have the facebook status screenshot as proof :LOL:

My mom told me that I'd made macaroni salad once for a picnic and had put vanilla in it. Not use if I used it by accident or if I'd just added it to it not realizing what I did. She said everyone at it at the picnic though!

Not quite the same, I made mine sweet instead of hot!

Thanks ladies for sharing your goofs and giving us a laugh. I know we all make mistakes from time to time and as long as they aren't hurtful in any way I think we should laugh at them and remember we're all human.

My hubby doesn't want to talk about it but he does have a glimmer in his eye and a grin on his face so I know he thinks it was funny too.

Clovis

Thank you so much, but I do not think you can get the lend of US army, air force and Navy. You would not believe how determined and crafty my wife is yet so nice, its scary. There is an old Irish saying that my wife likes to remind me of and one I take seriously.

"It wouldn’t be fair to have a battle of wits with my husband. He’s completely unarmed." in other words no husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes, only when he finishes.

LOL, Okay Fedup, I understand being a wife myself. And I think your wife and I might be related. LOL

Clovis

I knew it, there had to be a connection. Now you know why I bought a dog, there a great friend and look out for you, even put there life on the line for you when it comes to taste testing. 🤣

Clovis

I knew it, there had to be a connection. Now you know why I bought a dog, there a great friend and look out for you, even put there life on the line for you when it comes to taste testing. 🤣

LOL We have three dogs . one is "my" dog, Clovis is her mane too, there's Scooter who is mostly my hubby's dog but will be mine if I have food or let him lay on the couch with me. Then, there is Nova, she is my hubby's dog unless I have food. I couldn't imagine life without dogs in it. Even if I don't need them to taste food for me.

I wouldn't do any good for my husband to have the dogs taste test for him, they'll eat anything.

LOL We have three dogs . one is "my" dog, Clovis is her mane too, there's Scooter who is mostly my hubby's dog but will be mine if I have food or let him lay on the couch with me. Then, there is Nova, she is my hubby's dog unless I have food. I couldn't imagine life without dogs in it. Even if I don't need them to taste food for me.

I wouldn't do any good for my husband to have the dogs taste test for him, they'll eat anything.

Prince is my dog and when it comes to food he is very fussy what he eats, he demands toast in the morning with a little marmalade before he even considers his own food and he will decide, depending on what is cooked if he wants any but you cannot forget his biscuit bang on 9 o'clock every night.

My sister's dog loves cheese. When she tried feeding him a piece of vegan "cheese" though, he spit it out right away. He has a refined palate, except when he's eating things like used Kleenex.

Back
Top Bottom