Paul's Run for Epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

C

cricketgreen

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Start
9:00 a.m.

Event
5K Run/Walk
and Run Like Paul Races for Kids!
New Course Map

110 W. Camp McDonald Rd. Prospect Heights, IL 60070
Prospect Heights Park Dist. Website

ALSO AS A BONUS - Come and rock with the band, Street Jamz!!

Cause
Epilepsy Awareness

Paul Schmidt was a young man who grew up in Prospect Heights and died of epilepsy in October of 2008, just shy of his 22nd birthday. Join us in celebrating his life, as well as raising much-needed awareness and funding for this life-altering and life-threatening condition.

Proceeds to benefit CURE: Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy
95 cents of every dollar raised goes directly to research and awareness programs

The weather should be cooler by then! Sounds like a great event for a good cause.

Thanks, we did the run last year the first week in October and it was beautiful out. We had 200 runners come out last year, it was great!

Paul's mom, Debi

Hope you have a great day. I will have toput that on my calendar and run 5k here that day.

Thanks!
We raised over $13,000 last year that went directly to SUDEP research.
This year we are reaching out to the epilepsy community more and are inviting companies that make safety equipment/devices for people with epilepsy to come to our event with to show their products. When Paul was alive we had a very hard time finding stuff. There does not seem to be a good central location for finding safety items. If anyone has any ideas on companies that I could invite to our 5K, I'd love to hear from you.

Paul's Mom, Debi

Back
Top Bottom