Please Stop Touching MEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MaeDae

New
Reaction score
My boss has this awful habbit of touching me, be it on my shoulder, arm , or back of neck, I absolutley hate it. I have told her not to and she agreed, said she would ask, I don't think it sexually motivated, I think she's just a touchy feelly person and I aint. Ok, suggestions on how to get her to keep her hands off of me? Im going to blow a gasket one day,

Sounds like she is trying to bond with u.

Managment does not always have right/real training required to be just that, Management. One of them is to be able to read the body language of their team (I am sure u r not standing with open arms). Because it speaks volumes....how about get her a body language book ;)

Tell her you respect her as a boss and enjoy working there but if it continues you will have to speak to her boss (or the higher-ups, etc.). If you've already mentioned and she agreed, yet keeps doing it, she can never say she wasn't aware.
Oooh I'd freak at that shit if it went on long enough. I get what Chaz is saying but still, right training or not touching is not a 'thing.'
I'd let her know what you're prepared to do if it doesn't stop, and stop TODAY.

Sounds like she is trying to bond with u.

Managment does not always have right/real training required to be just that, Management. One of them is to be able to read the body language of their team (I am sure u r not standing with open arms). Because it speaks volumes....how about get her a body language book ;)

good idea

but i told her today not to touch me, i explained i was having a bad day and absolutely hated when people touched me when i am irritated. she respected that and walked out, 3 hours later she comes back in and puts her hand on my shoulders, briefly, not as if she forgot what i said, but as if to say "I am the boss", there is no higher up, she's it, she is the owner of the company.....dang it!

Tell her you respect her as a boss and enjoy working there but if it continues you will have to speak to her boss (or the higher-ups, etc.). If you've already mentioned and she agreed, yet keeps doing it, she can never say she wasn't aware.
Oooh I'd freak at that shit if it went on long enough. I get what Chaz is saying but still, right training or not touching is not a 'thing.'
I'd let her know what you're prepared to do if it doesn't stop, and stop TODAY.

girl, she is the higher up, shes all the way to the top. sad, though, i use to be able to talk to her and tell her how i feel ect and she respected that, now she tells me, im just concerned about you, want you to know i care, and to make sure your ok, im telling you what is wrong with me and you insist on touching me, she even asks if she can touch my shoulder and i tell her NO! and she still has to have the last say, some how some way she touches me! it ruins my day, I dont feel violated, but violated if you know what I mean. Im going to take Chaz1's advice and look for a book or guide on touching/body language in the work place and casually leave it lay on her desk, tell her once more not to touch me and then if that doesnt work, im going to blow A GASKET!!!!

we rooting for you maryltyme.....

have a wee peak in the book to see if it maybe gives advice i.e. how to put up an invisible sheild so she wont touch ya...

Back
Top Bottom