PNES vs Frontal Lobe Epilepsy HELP

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I have played this game for a year. Not just a little annoying when we consider 7 weeks of hospitalization. Currently hospitalized for out of control status epileptis type problems.

I have every doctor that physically in human observes say textbook frontal lobe epilepsy. The report readers!"experts" read the eeg and watch video and say pnes. I have spent an entire year in cognitive therapy. All psych officials that spent valuable timebwith me say no way its pnes.

This hospitalization phd cog therapist did a cognitive test it was terribly difficult and before completion ended in a seizure.

This am I had rapid response called on seizure. I stopped breathing again many times and have no recall until crying (seizures all start and stop wth crying) for my babies meaning my nearly three children.

The rapid response MD came back to tell me I don't have pnes, regardless of an unreliable eeg it was textbook.

Help? Idea?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sounds like stress. They have put you through so much that it causes seizures. I wish I were there with you. Do your best to stay calm. Ask for some breathing tapes. It sounds like you feel attacked. If you do you can tell them to just stop. That it is just over whelming to you and you need a break.You can PM me and maybe I can help.Teresa

I do agree with Teresa, too much stress for you.
However, has the epileptologist/neurology team considered your other health issues? In your other posts you mentioned fibromyalgia and I noticed rheumatology in your blog. Has anyone considered that an autoimmune disorder could play a part in seizures?
According to a study presented at the 135th Annual Meeting of the American Neurological Association and reported by Doctor's Guide, patients with an unidentifiable, hard-to-treat epilepsy may have an autoimmune condition. About one-third of patients with epilepsy have no identifiable cause.

Many inflammatory conditions do have a known association with seizures, including multiple sclerosis, lupus, anti-phospholipid antibody syndrome, Sjogren's syndrome, Crohn's disease, sarcoidosis, central nervous system vasculitis, Grave's disease, steroid-responsive encephalopathy associated with autoimmune thyroiditis and more. But, with these conditions, seizure is a secondary and uncommon problem. But it does exist and more needs to be learned.
http://arthritis.about.com/b/2010/09/19/seizure-can-be-associated-with-autoimmune-disease.htm

Back
Top Bottom