Possible Seizures at night? Shocks in back of head

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

kr1nge

New
Reaction score
Hello! I'm a 25 year old male who began exhibiting nocturnal head shocks a couple months ago.

Before 2/7/12, I had no signs or symptoms of epilepsy. On 2/7/12, I got Serotonin Syndrome from sensitivity to an SSRI medication.

Ever since then, I've been constantly dealing with real anxiety for the first time in my life. I'm usually too anxious to sleep when I want to, because I feel waves of energy flowing down from the back of my head to my feet.

Once I fall asleep, I sometimes dream that I have these pulsing shock feelings in the back of my head, and I usually wake up when the pulses get too severe. When I awake and my head is on the mattress or on a single pillow, I tend to lie in a state of lethargy, simply accepting all these uncomfortable pulsing shocks.

Once I elevate my head, the pulses tend to disappear, however, my mind is too busy to be able to fall asleep again for at least a couple hours.

I've never felt like I was unable to control my motor functions, and I'm able to maintain cognitive thought during these pulses (I've even practiced math problems in my head to pass the time.)

Does this sound like epilepsy?

Thankfully, my healthcare is covered by the VA due to a service connected disability, however, it usually takes several weeks to get an appointment with a doctor... which is why I'm posting here first.

Back
Top Bottom