Responsive neurostimulation

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

survivor

New
Reaction score
I just read about RNS (responsive neurostimulation) and DBS (deep brain stimulation). Want to know more! How much effective these techniques are? Any body opted for these? Can we rank VNS, RNS and DBS?

I have the Neuropace RNS, I was part of the pivotal trial. I had to go in yesterday for a replacement in fact, as the battery was dying. I do believe it has helped mine some, which is actually good as I have yet to ever find a medicine that has worked for more than a year. The implant has cut down a large abount of my epileptiform waves.

The people from neuropace have been great about everything, as I was one of their 191 guinea pigs. I do have to say that it is very tough, but I think most people have had even more luck than me. I am actually waiting on my records from the epilepsy center to see how much of an improvement I have had. I had it initially put in in February of 2009.

http://www.neuropace.com/trials/overview.html

Unfortunately it is currently closed to enrollment and we are now going through the long term trials to see what the effects are over time. I do believe that it will be a big breakthrough for a number of people as many of us are nonsurgical candidates.

It is a little painful for the week after, but if you can endure it it may just be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom