RIP Riva (PositivePerson, FourStar)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Birdbomb

VNS Guru
Reaction score
I just got off the phone to Claude.

It is with heavy heart, that I must inform everyone that Riva, AKA POSITIVEPERSON has passed away. She had a grand mal yesterday whlie she was alnoe and Claude found her.They tried to resisitate her but it was too late.

He is sending her body back to New York for burial. They had no children and no family

She was my friend and I will miss her so.

Birdy,
I'm sorry for your loss. We will all be missing her here.

:(

thanks for letting us know Birdbomb... I will miss her very much, she was a good person with a sweet personality... .... was wondering what happend to her... emails to me stopped........
:(

This is so hard to believe, as she was sharing dessert recipes with me just last week.
My heart is heavy, and I will be praying for her husband.

Oh No. Thank you for letting us know BB.

My condolences go to Rivas husband.

Sympathy012.jpg

I didn't know Riva very well but found her a very nice person to talk to when we had spoken.

Last edited:
For you Riva....you'll be missed....

She said she was really enjoying the music...I hope she would approve of this one. I was holding it back as one of my closest personal favorites.

Be at peace Riva, you had a positive impact on my life too!

I've known Riva since the days of Cyberonic's message board. We call each other from time to time, we talked on the phone last week. She was posting on this site when the seizure hit. She was doing something she enjoyed immensly. I was so proud of her embracing the position of Moderator! She was caring and sweet.

(((((((((((( RIVA ))))))))))))))))))

Our CWE Moderator & Friend Forever!
You will be sorely missed!

:rose: :rose: :rose:

Riva is a person who will be missed in so many places. She was loved and will be remembered with love.

This makes me even more angry about epilepsy

I had difficulty going to sleep last night after Birdbomb called me late to let me know what had happened. I'm still in a bit of shock.

I only knew Riva through a couple of forums (not just this one) and she was always upbeat, sweet and as helpful as she could be. It seemed like over the last month or two that she was coming out of her shell a bit and trying new things. She had related in private some of her little personal triumphs and I was so happy for her.

Rest in peace Riva, you will be missed.

Thank you all for your condolensences. I have Claude and Riva's address, if anyone wants to send a card, just send me a PM or email. I am sure Claude will be very surprised at the vast number of lives she touched.

I'm speechless ! I obviously didn't know Riva as well as you guys, but it's always a shock to hear off such a terrible loss.

My condolences go to Riva's Husband, and all other close friends and relatives.

It just ain't fair ! :cry:

RIVA is also known as FOURSTAR

For those who know RIVA, her other
ID is also known as FOURSTAR on
the other FORUMS as well

sympathy.jpg

Riva will be missed by everyone, i will miss her too, she was a lovely person.

Last edited:
Heaven

Its a place we're all going to someday! I'm a very faith filled person! I've been praying for positiveperson to be with Jesus where all good things come from, amen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch

Even tho' I am new to this community, I can't stop crying. I miss her already. She was so neat and very encouraging to everyone alike.

I'm also new to the forum and haven't written much, but I do read everyday. Riva was a good person and I pray she's in a much better place.

I've only known Riva through several forums, and she was an important part of my life. My condolences to all of you, like me, who considered her your friend. It hurts so much to hear of her death.

I am in complete shock. She had responded to my posts many times. I am just numb.

They will be in my prayers. As well as all of you.

Back
Top Bottom