Should I Call My Nuro Doctor And Ask Or Not?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLogefeil

New
Reaction score
I have been thinking lately, and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. anyways......
My husband and I want to move back to Idaho and the only reason we are staying here in Cali is because of the new Nuro doctor I'm seeing.
I want to call him and kinda talk to him and see if he can really help me.
Because if he can I will stay but if he cant and then just tells me the same thing other doctors are saying then I want to move.
I'm afraid to call him because I don't want to seem to pushy and make him feel like he needs to hurry because if he does then he might miss something that could be helping with my diagnosis, but then if he can't I don't want to waste my time or his, and I need to learn how to cope with these seizures that I already know what they are but the doctors aren't dx them. Does all this make sense?
Do you think I should or shouldn't call him?
I hope I don't sound too crazy. It take a month to see him for my next appointment or longer and i'm just sitting here waiting and doing nothing and I can't take it anymore.

Short answer from me - Take charge of your life! It is yours not theirs. Are you realizing true normalcy from their treatments or not? Do you really ant to move back to Idaho? If so then just do it!!! Sorry if it sounds hard but it is the way I operate and think..... Best wishes and hoping you make the right decision based on your own thinking!!! :)

talk to him, ask if he knows of anyone in Idaho,he might just refere you.
you got to do whats in your heart.
tell him your husband wants to work there.......

I agree if you want to move then move. I don't know if you want to move back because you have family there or not but alot of times family support can be alot of help, sometimes more than a dr can give you. You could have alot less stress being around family and they can help you deal with things going on in your life.

As said ask your dr if he can suggest someone in the area or tell you where you could go to find one there. Who knows you could end up with a better dr in the end?

Enjoy Idaho - grow a garden, eat healthy, fresh air, and support - great way to go IMO

You can and should call your Neuro to ask anything you want them to answer. :)
You're paying them for their services. :)

i think you should go if you really want to. there will be more neurologists over there who can help you

Back
Top Bottom