Simple Partials, "Absence" - Cluster seizures?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Malla

New
Reaction score
Is there any such thing as this combination?

Well... times goes by and each day I learn a little more about my seizures. As I am waiting to be admitted to the Epilepsy Hospital in Denmark - I have come to a big revelation. I may have had Epilepsy since I was in my teens. However barely noticeable.

I remember as a teenager, I would have jerks, but I payed no attention to them, since my brother has Tourettes Syndrom, I though I may have a light version of Tourette. I also remember my drivers instructor worrying about me having my license, because my eyes would "space out" while I was learning to drive. I would "space out" quite often actually - my mom used to call me "her little dreamer".

About 10 years ago as I was in Nursing School, and thats when I started having issues with brief fainting, heart racing and slight tremor in the spine when waking from sleep.

And now - I am having seizures that I can clearly define - starting with auras reaching a top where I get a fainting feeling and ending with jerks. They never last more than 2-3 minutes from start to end. These jerks feel like accumulation of energy wanting to leave the body. It actually feels like a relief when they come - both because I know the seizure is over, and because the "preassure" comes out.

(Lyrica holds them down in intensity - but not in frequency. If I was not on lyrica I would drop to the floor. I would not even have an aura to warn me of the seizure - it would all be very quick.)

I have read a lot to try and figure out what kind of seizures they may be. I read that "absence seizures" were mostly found in children, which explains why I may have had them since my teens. To me, they look and feel like "absence seizures". However they always end with a series of jerks in my arm/arms or upper body. Seldom in my legs but it has happened.

I have also found the triggers. PC/TV monitors, nicotine, alcohol, aspartame, coffein ..... and stress/agony!

Stress seem to send of cluster seizures in me. And that's what's bothering me. To be honest I have not dared to ride the clusters to the end (if there is an end to them) I am trying to be brave not to take the benzo right away - but after half an hour, I give in.... At that point I am completely wasted and It is starting to blurr before my eyes so that I am afraid of going into a heavy seizure. This afternoon I also got a feeling of my body and limbs becoming VERY BIG! haha..... (crazy feeling)

Anyways... anyone else having clusters? And do you have any advice to give as to how to mange with them? What do you do to avoid going into a big seizure.. if it can be avoided - any other advice than benzo's?

Big thank yous to all of you out there, hugs, Malla

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom