Sleep deprivation=seizures

finalpoet

Stalwart
Reaction score
One of my main triggers is sleep deprivation and sometimes I have some insomnia like most of my family. My neurologist suggested sleeping meds but I am well aware of how addictive they can be. The only thing that always put me to sleep was cannabis. But I studying to become a high school math teacher and so cannabis is not a long term option. I will, tomorrow, contact my friend who is a nurse practitioner and he will most likely suggest "hypnotherapy". Something he has become very passionate about. I will try nearly everything possible, everything except hard drugs and sleep meds. I realize this post should have been placed in the Padded Room because I am merely venting, oh well...

PS: I am well aware of what time it is and how phone light makes sleeping even harder. I know, nothing else to say.

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi finalpoet,

Just like you I was having problems with insomnia and having seizures in my sleep also then a few yrs. later my Epileptologist put me on medical marijuana and it helped relax me and I was able to sleep along with having fewer seizures. I also work in public school I work in Science, History, Physics and everything is fine. You may want to give it a try.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

CQ:)

Veteran
Reaction score
Fatigue is one of my main seizure triggers.
I have trouble with my sleep aswell, usually it's more the getting to sleep then actually sleeping. I asked my GP about a sleep med but he wouldnt give me anything & when I checked with my epilepsy nurse last year she suggested I not get anything from the chemist until I speak to my neuro. When I did speak to my neuro in Dec I was pre occupied wanting to disucss other things in the short time we had that I totally forgot to ask him about my sleep.

In the end I've been using other techniques like music, relaxation techniques but I found the best thing for me was a relaxation cd where someone gos through relaxation exercises. It nearly always puts me to sleep.