sleep paralysis or seizure???????

Reaction score
okay i am pretty confused im am not sure if i had sleep paralysis or like a partial seizure. I have always had sleep paralysis i have episodes every month like 6 times. Yesterdays seemed so strange i fell back asleep in the morning on the couch and i heard my son cry in my dream so i began to try to wake myself up i opened my eyes for a brief moment i saw my living room then it felt like my head started shaking for a moment it was almost as if i heard myself try to scream it was very quiet but then i felt a tingle in both legs and the it was over and i was awake i have no clue if this was my paralysis or a seizure i have had these kind before there just very seldom and i always thought it was paralysis right off. I didnt bite my tongue wet myself or etc. i didn't have sore muscles i just felt kinda blah the rest of the day and was just really freaked out does anyone know what this was i know its hard to tell with a description but this is the best i can describe it . . . .. :ponder:

Nakamova

Super Moderator / Thank You Queen
Reaction score
It sounds more ike sleep paralysis to me. It has the classic features -- the sense of panic, the vivid hallucinatory/nightmare aspect. The tingling is just the feeling as your body wakes up.

Can you pinpoint a reason why your symptoms may have changed? Sometimes extra stress or fatigue can be contributing factors. Have you ever had a sleep study done? That might help to see if your sleep is being affected in any way throughout the night.

Reaction score
thank you for your reply i was hoping it was just paralysis rather then seizures..im not sure why it would be different for some reason my sleep para. seems to get worse when i get too much sleep not the other way around. Or when i fall asleep in a different spot i have had these starnge attatcks before but these ones are very seldom so m not sure why they are different sometimes. Plus i hear if you have caffene before bed it can make it worse??? If this is true do u think it was worse bc i had hot chocolate:ponder: right before i fell asleep?

Nakamova

Super Moderator / Thank You Queen
Reaction score
Absolutely, caffeine (and also alcohol) can interfere with sleep. Also sleeping face-up seems to play a role in causing sleep paralysis.

It may be that when you sleep longer than usual you are actually having a poorer quality of sleep overall. A sleep study might show more. Another thing you could try is the ZEO. It's a device that you wear that monitors your sleep. In the morning, it shows you how you really slept, including your time in REM and Deep sleep. More info here: http://www.myzeo.com/sleep/