Static Electricity

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Duvexy

New
Reaction score
I am just wondering if anybody in here has ever had experiences where you where you were shocked by somebody by touching them, or they shocked you when touched. Or, were you ever shocked by touching a knob or any other inanimate object. And, has your hair ever got static electricity? I am just curious.
Thanks
Duvexy

Yeah, happens all the time in the Fall / Winter.

yes,when i was a nurse i standing on top of metal steps putting laundary away next thing i flew through the air hit the wall...then use be this one girl i made beds with i was always getting static electric shocks from her,we couple of hot chicks

Yes, especially on very dry days. One of the more interesting topics in Physics class and is apparently due to the lack of humidity. Instead of electrons escaping onto water molecules, we get zapped ;)

Yup, especially when I am wearing my slippers and shuffling my feet across the carpet, building up a charge. Here's a tip if your hair is doing the static electricity "flyaways" -- try rubbing it with a dryer sheet.

Happened all the time back in Idaho, it was so dry there. Still happens here, but not as much.

I had a pair of shoes that everytime I went to the grocery store and got something off the selve it would shock me. Lol! I don't like to wear those to the store anymore it makes your hand go numb.

Back
Top Bottom